Child and Family Services
The goal of Child and Family Services at The Guidance Center is to provide services for children and families who are in need of mental health support in an easily accessible manner and in a safe, secure, and confidential environment. The services provided are designed to support a family-centered service delivery model.
Primary Services We Provide:
- Counseling: Individual, Family, and Group
- Case Management & Dedicated Case Management: in the home, office, and/or in the community/schools
- Child and Family Assessments
- Outpatient individual and group sessions: In the home, office, and/or in the community/schools, as well as summer group skills with transportation providedSubstance Abuse Group
- Life Skills: individual and group sessions: In the home, office, and/or in the community/schools, as well as summer group skills with transportation provided
- Children’s Psychiatric and Psychological Services
- Medication Monitoring
- Birth-to-Five team specializing in healthy early childhood development
- Care coordination with community agencies offering services through Family Support Partners & the Meet Me Where I Am Program (MMWIA).
Primary Issues We Address:
- Child Physical, Emotional, Sexual Abuse, and Neglect
- Disrupted Families: associated with parental drug abuse, domestic violence, parental mental illness, removal of child from home.
- Emotional/Behavioral Problems at Home, School, or Community
- Adolescent Alcohol and Other Drug Use, Abuse, and Dependence