Who We Are
The Guidance Center employs over 200 community members in various roles.
The roles involved directly in consumer care include the following:
Psychiatrists are medical doctors with a specialty in mental health. Our psychiatrists see to the psychiatric needs of consumers on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners are nurse practitioners with a specialty in mental health. They are able to prescribe psychiatric medications under the supervision of a psychiatrist. They work closely with consumers to ensure proper use and adherence to medications as well as managing side effects and other life stressors. They are usually one piece of the whole treatment plan.
Registered Nurses work on several of our units and monitor vital signs, administer medications, and provide support to the consumer’s overall health.
Therapists are specialists in mental health disorders. They work with consumers on life stressors, toward the goal of assisting the consumer with healthy coping skills, relationship skills, life skills and more.
Care Managers are specially trained to work within an integrated care framework. This means that they will help consumers to make sure both their mental health and physical health is being properly tended to. Care managers will assist in coordinating care, such as assisting with making appointments, finding resources, and advocating for oneself.
Case Managers are available to help in coordinating services for a consumer. They will help to make appointments, find resources and will help the consumer with skills to advocate for him/herself.
Behavioral Health Specialists work on 24 hour units and are available to assist with day-to-day needs of consumers such as keeping the schedule, keeping everyone safe and attending to daily needs.
Patient Access Representatives are the smiling faces you see when you first come in. They are at the reception desk to make sure you get checked in and all of your documents are in order. They can assist with insurance questions and community resources. Peer Support Specialists are available to help with many things that a therapist or care/case manager may not be able to help with. They have been there and they understand what a consumer may be going through. They offer valuable insight and assistance.
- Lauren Lauder-Interim CEO
- Kelly Donohue, PHD-Chief Clinical Officer
- Matthew Barkman-Acting Associate Medical Director
- Cody Bayles, PhD-Director of GMHSA Services
- Guy Lamunyon-Director of Nursing
- Lyna Munoz-Morris-Director of Child & Family Services
- Drew Baecker-Director of Human Resources
- Michael Zantopp-Director of Utilization Management
- John Crockett-Director of Information Technology
Board of Directors
- Beth Otterstein - President
- Keith Hayden - Vice President
- Deanna Prida -Treasurer
- John Kolody- Immediate Past President
- JoAnn Lescoe - Mistress of Arms
- Lt. Paul Lasiewicki - Board Member
- Dinah Gillette - Board Member
- Beth Goyette Heerding - Board Member
- Vacant - Board Member